Dog Night at Shea
No one told me about this! I was watching the Phillies game and they started talking about how it was dog night. They had a camera in the section and a whole buch of people had their dogs sitting with them and there were dogs in the aisles too. There was a parade in the outfield and a picnic before the game. Details here.
I have a few questions …
- How do the fans treat dogs who are fans of the Phillies?
- Are some dogs fans of a different team than their owners?
- Are souvenirs designed for dogs available? I didn’t see any dogs in jerseys. There are lots of dogs at Penn State games with jerseys. I saw in the details that blue foam paws are available.
- Does the grounds crew have to do extensive clean-up of the warning track after the pre-game parade?
- Do you have to clean up after yourself in the bleachers? I’ve seen what people leave behind, so dogs might actually be cleaner than an actual person.
- Do fights break out?
- Has a dog ever caught a home run ball?
- Do they have dog specific chants? Some of the clapping ones could easily be replaced with barks.
- Are there vendors walking around with dog treats?
This is possibly my second favorite ballpark promotion. Of course Senior Stroll the Bases is still stronly in that #1 spot.