October 18, 2009
I decided to do a little reorganizing around here. Currently Borderline Fantastic seems to have two purposes:
Sports – Picks from my friends, Unbiased Picks, Ice Cream Helmet related posts, and the occasional commentary (too occasional in my opinion).
Me – Random stuff I find, videos, music, links. Plus, random thoughts I have from my daily travels.
Now all of these get posted on the main BF page. The sports stuff has its own page if you only care about that. A while back I tried an entertainment section to handle my posts about movies, TV, and music. Still, there was a lot of stuff that didn’t have a home and sort of got lost on the main page.
I decided to start my own page for ‘my stuff’. It will have all those things I find or want to post. Having it on my own page will keep me from worrying about things getting confusing on the main page. Some sports stuff will appear on this page as well as the sports page as I decide what the audience should be.
The main page still needs to be reorganized to make it clear that there are different sections. Not quite sure how I’m going to do that yet.
May 6, 2009
1. Vinny Vedecci – Second month in a row.
2. Christmas Gifts: Cheese Balls – It appears that cheese balls gain popularity during the spring.
3. Ice Cream Helmet Baseball Picks 2009 – Still confused how this post is so popular but so few sign up.
4. We love all the Bear Man movies – More Vinny!
5. Iâ€™m not street, but I do what I gotta do – The Cobra Starship song, Pete Wentz is the Only Reason Weâ€™re Famous.
First time Iâ€™m Scott Malkinson and I have diabetes isn’t on the list since October, which would have been quite a feat seeing as it was written in November.
April 1, 2009
April is here and that should mean back to normal. Still, there was a lot of activity here last month. Here is what was most popular …
March 15, 2009
Half way through March and I realized I didn’t post the popular posts from February. So before it gets to be April, I’ll do it now. This month I included the post date to point out how old the most popular posts are and how it takes about 2 months for anything to get some legs.
1. Iâ€™m Scott Malkinson and I have diabetes (11/14/08)
2. Everywhere I go I keep her picture in my wallet (4/4/07)
3t. Sheâ€™s a pretty girl. Sheâ€™s always falling down. (1/30/09)
3t. BCS Song from SNL (1/12/09)
3t. Electronic Cigarette
3t. Something in the water (1/30/09)
February 1, 2009
1. Iâ€™m Scott Malkinson and I have diabetes – This looks to be the post that has taken over for Gym Class Heroes as the random thing that pops up in searches a lot.
2. Monkey Sneezing on Letterman – The sneezing monkey is still hilarious.
3. Everywhere I go I keep her picture in my wallet – Not that this post has gone anywhere.
4. What are/were your petâ€™s names? – Still popular after all the Reddit love it got last year.
5. I know I got it tattooed for a reason – Look, one from January. And I was just about to give up on new posts. But new posts eventually become a few months old and then randomly become popular.
January 10, 2009
A busy start to the year delayed this post a bit.
1. What are/were your petâ€™s names?
2. Will I become a Safari User?
3. Baseball Picks on Ice Cream Helmet
4. Underground Resume Ranking Report – Week 4
5. Everywhere I go I keep her picture in my wallet
6. Underground Resume Ranking â€“ Week 5
7. Iâ€™m Scott Malkinson and I have diabetes
8. Underground Resume Ranking Report â€“ Week 6
9. College Football Week 6 Recap
10. Oscars Pickem on Ice Cream Helmet
1. Iâ€™m Scott Malkinson and I have diabetes
2. Monkey Sneezing on Letterman
3. What are/were your petâ€™s names?
4t. Bowl Picks: Dec 27/28
4t. Do a lot of vampires live in Alaska during the winter?
4t. Famous Last Words: ND, Plaxico, Avery
December 1, 2008
Here are the most popular posts from last month …
1. Everywhere I go I keep her picture in my wallet – Why, why, why? Each month I come closer to just dedicating the whole site to Gym Class Heroes.
2. Iâ€™m Scott Malkinson and I have diabetes – A great South Park clip.
3. Philly Hoop Group Classic – The classic was this past weekend. Niagara won the Liberty Bracket and Villanova won the Independence Bracket.
4. A whole bunch tied …
Can I Keep My Jersey?
Great Stories from the SI NFL Stadium Rankings
Links for May 20
Norm MacDonald on Leno (Surprising since the video is no longer available from Hulu.)
Sherman Alexie on The Colbert Report
This Seasonâ€™s New Shows
What are/were your petâ€™s names?
November 1, 2008
1. What are/were your petâ€™s names? – This was a QOTD on March 21, 2007. Our new movie reviewer, Pat, stumbled across it while checking out the site and saw that his sister had posted about his cat being hit by a car. He had been told the cat ran away.
2. Underground Resume Ranking â€“ Week 5 and 3. Underground Resume Ranking Report â€“ Week 6 – Gregg started his own resume rankings, which have been really popular. They have been missing the past 2 weeks, hopefully Gregg’s schedule opens up soon.
4. College Football Week 6 Recap – This week’s just happened to be popular.
5. What is your dealbreaker movie? – A QOTD from the beginning of the month.
October 1, 2008
September 21, 2008
You may have noticed over the past two weeks there have been a lot more sports posts than anything else here on Borderline Fantastic. The BF Front Page was being overloaded with them. I wanted to keep things a little more separated because the sports content has a much different audience than the usual BF content that I would still like to focus on and increase the number of those sort of posts.
I created a new home page for these posts, Borderline Fantastic Sports. You will notice that page has a different look from the rest of BF. In addition to removing full sports posts from the main page all of the sports pages also have that different look to them. Again, to try and separate them. I’m still working on that design. I’ll be tinkering more with the front page to give a little more information about new sports posts.
I hope to have a few more categories split apart to make the site easier to navigate and so you can pick your favorite sections to follow.
August 21, 2008