February 14, 2010
Biathlon – Men’s 10k Sprint
I don’t think I’ve ever watched an entire event before, but it was a lot more interesting than I expected. It was a little difficult to keep track of who was in the lead because they did the leaderboard at each shooting area. So someone would be at #1 but he had already had a penalty at the next stop, so that #1 didn’t really matter. It would have been even more exciting had anyone who started later had a chance. It rained and snowed so the people that didn’t start early had no shot.
2. SVENDSEN Emil Hegle – Finally, a medal for Norway! In 06 he finished 6th in the 15k Mass Start. I don’t know what that event is yet, but I think I’ll find out this week.
17. BJOERNDALEN Ole Einar – All sorts of Olympic experience in 98/02/06. Totals: 5 Golds, 3 Silvers, 1 Bronze.
24. HANEVOLD Halvard – Had no shot starting 73rd. 40 years old, I didn’t see any reference to previous Olympics on the site.
46. BERGER Lars
Nordic Combined – Individual Normal Hill
9. MOAN Magnus H. – In 06 won Bronze in this event and Silver in the Large Hill.
17. TANDE Petter L. – In 06 finished 4th in this event and 6th in the Large Hill.
23. SCHMID Jan – 4th in the Team Large Hill in 06.
32. KOKSLIEN Mikko
Speed Skating – Women’s 3000m
8. HAUGLI Maren
Luge – Men’s Single
No competitors from Norway. I noticed they refer to themselves as ‘sliders.’ I guess they got sick of the luger jokes.
So far my favorite events have been the moguls. I think their closest competition will be from Boarder and Skier X. The announcers have been solid as well.
Monday features 6 medal events.
Cross-Country – Women’s 10k Individual
Alpine Skiing – Men’s Downhill
Cross-Country – Men’s 15k Individual
Snowboard – Men’s Snowboard Cross
Figure Skating – Pairs
Speed Skating – Men’s 500m