September 6, 2009
#1 – BYU has a legit shot to play for the national championship.Â They still play FSU, TCU, and Utah – all ranked teams.Â If those teams keep their seasons at 2 losses or better, then BYU’s s.o.s. won’t be the worst in the world, and if they and OU win out the rest of the way, I would just love to see the arguments made for the two of them.
#2 – Navy almost upsetting Ohio St.Â I wasn’t even excited about the possibility of this.Â Don’t get me wrong, I was paying attention when Navy was making a charge, but once they threw the pick, my reaction was essentially “of course, this is what always happens with Ohio St.”
#3 – I was wrong about Ok State, they’re pretty good.
#4 – SEC goes 11-1 opening weekend. (Okay, so 2-1 against BCS conferences, and 9-0 against grandmas, but i still like pointing it out.)
January 16, 2007
The only rule is you have to have been there yourself, this is not a top 5 “where I want to go”Â
5. Jackons Hole, WY – Where I was adopted into a family of Bison.
4. Outer Banks, NCÂ – only if you’re in a really big house with lots of people
3. Colorado – The woman flock their like the salmon of Capastrano
2. Ireland – It’s where I learned to drink.Â That’s like Wayne Gretzky teaching you how to score, Michael Jordan teaching you how to be clutch, or Terrell Owens teaching you how to be a dick.
1. Hawaii – Needs no explanation
November 28, 2006
The topic is pretty self-explanatory.Â It is a difficult question to ponder however, do you prefer the warm and fuzzy feel-good crap, or does a more depressing flavor wet your appetite?Â As for me:
5. Love, Actually.Â Does a good job of intertwining the storylines, you’ve got Christmas as a backgound for some solid dry, British comedy.
4.Â Home Alone (1 and 2).Â I group these films together for obvious reasons.Â I like New York as a backdrop in the second film, but the house of tricks in the original trumps the abandoned brownstone in number 2.
3.Â Scrooged.Â The type of movie I have to watch whenever it is on tv.Â The best version of Dicken’s “A Christmas Carol”, and Bill Murray is just at the top of his game.
2. It’s a Wonderful Life.Â Most people put this at number 1, which is why I put it at number two.Â Underrated for it’s comedic moments.Â Donna Reed may be the hottest actress of the black and white era.
1.Â National Lampoon’s Christmas Vacation.Â This one has it all.Â Nothing beats Randy Quaid pumping out the septic tank or Clark’s rant at the end of the film.
October 31, 2006
Down in Fort Myers we had 3 football teams tied for first in the division. I was wondering how they would sort this out. It turns out two teams played for 1 quarter last night, and the winner of that quarter played the third team for another quarter. Can you imagine if they did this in college football? Is this better than going to the 5th tiebreaker of points scored/points against, etc…? It is technically being played on the field, but only for a quarter. I haven’t made up my mind about this. I know that Mike could solve this problem write now with his triangular football field idea.